National Junior Art Honor Society
Immaculate Heart of Mary School is proud to sponsor a chapter of The National Junior Art Honor Society.
NJAHS is an organization open to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students with a talent for and an interest in art. The National Junior Art Honor Society program inspires and recognizes students with ability and interest in the visual arts. The NJAHS program is different than an “art club.”
Students are required to meet eligibility criteria for membership as detailed in the constitution and school bylaws. Responsibilities include regular meetings, service to the art community, promotion of artwork in the world and to magnify the innovation and skills of the IHM art program.
IHM’s Chapter Moderator is Ms. Michelle Datz. Meetings are held during lunch on Wednesdays (and as needed) in the art room during the school year. Inductions for new members are in March and applications are available in art classes for eligible students. Members are required to complete 10 service hours per school year.
The Goals for the National Junior Art Honor Society at IHM School:
1. Recognizes those students who have shown outstanding ability in the field of art.
2. Serve as inspiration for students to strive for higher goals in their work.
3. Foster excellence and a dedicated spirit in the pursuit of art.
4. Encourage the creative ability and talents of the individual student.
5. Bring art to the attention of the school and community.
6. Increase the awareness of art as a viable area within the total school curriculum.
Ready to explore Immaculate Heart of Mary?
Immaculate Heart of Mary School is located in Towson, Maryland. It is a private Catholic School for students in grades PreK through 8th grade. If you are interested in learning more about the admissions process for the upcoming school year we encourage you to contact us today!