Cross Country (Fall)
IHM Cross Country competes against area private and public schools in meets measuring one to two mile courses.
Ms. Sallie Bennett is the cross country moderator
- Ms. Amy Strickland (4 and 5th grade teacher), student-athletes will gather in her room after school
- Melissa Kellerman (mother of Emily) (Wednesdays)
- Christine Hogarth (mother of Brian) (Thursdays)
- Amy Conly (mother of Maeve) (Tuesdays)
- All 6th-8th grade students are invited to register, no experience necessary.
- Boys and girls will race together but are scored separately.
- 4th and 5th graders will be invited to practice with the team, beginning September 27 and will have a meet at the end of the season.
- Practices will be held Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday after school, 3:15 to 4 or 4:15.
- Student-athletes must attend at least one practice prior to a meet to participate in the meet.
- Our first practice will be Tuesday, September 20. We will practice on campus, mostly behind the school.
- Meets will be held on Wednesdays, beginning October 12; student-athletes will normally be dismissed around 2:30-2:40 to get to the meet on time; the course walk through will begin at 3:45 and the race at 4pm.
- Parents will need to transport their student-athlete to all meets.
- A printed schedule will be distributed at the first practice.
- The season runs until the 2nd week of November.
- Races are 1 1/2 mile to 2 miles long.
- Registration is $25 per middle school student.
- Each student-athlete will receive an IHM pinnie to wear on meet days along with their IHM gym shorts.
Ready to explore Immaculate Heart of Mary?
Immaculate Heart of Mary School is located in Towson, Maryland. It is a private Catholic School for students in grades PreK through 8th grade. If you are interested in learning more about the admissions process for the upcoming school year we encourage you to contact us today!