Immaculate Heart of Mary School incorporates the Course of Study developed and approved by the Division of Catholic Schools for the Archdiocese of Baltimore. This broad-based approach also follows the National Catholic Standards of Education.
Schoolwide Academic Subjects
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Spanish (grade Pre K 4 thru 8)
- Physical Education
- Theatre Arts (Middle School)
- Instrumental Music (optional, grades 4-8)
Some additional quick facts about our academics:
- Our Catholic faith is the focal point of our education process, and it is woven across our entire curriculum.
- All students take Religion classes and attend Mass at least once a month.
- Currently, our 7th and 8th grade students utilize a 1:1 tablet program. The entire building is wireless; over 35 laptops are also available for students in grades Pre K thru 6th.
- Our resource center employs a full-time Reading Specialist and two resource teachers; these teachers are available for extra assistance and enrichment.